Eastside Jewish Commons seeks a Program Coordinator to help plan and execute our first community events as an organization. This will be a contract position reporting directly to the Board of Directors.
Eastside Jewish Commons is a new nonprofit organization working to build infrastructure on Portland’s Eastside. Our mission is to establish and sustain a vibrant, inclusive space for people to gather and celebrate our diverse connection to Judaism, ensuring that our rich traditions continue to thrive. The purpose of our 2019 events is to build community and excitement in anticipation of our eventual facility.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EJC PROGRAM COORDINATOR
- Develop the event concepts with guidance from EJC Board and input from Community Partners and Eastside Stakeholders
- Design and implement marketing and awareness strategies in coordination with the Capital Campaign Team
- Coordinate event volunteers including Stakeholders and other community members
- Manage event logistics within the specified budget
- Coordinate with Capital Campaign Team on fundraising aspects of event planning and implementation
QUALIFICATIONS OF EJC PROGRAM COORDINATOR
- Experience in event or project management
- Knowledge of Jewish community
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work with small groups and individual leaders
This is a contract position. A budget of $1,800 per month is available to support this position, not including event costs.
To submit an application for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 15.